Prospective Transfer Students
Transferring to a new institution can be a confusing process, and there are many things to consider, such as making sure credits transfer, obtaining financial aid, declaring a major, receiving academic support, determining residency, and getting connected to the campus community.
Health Professions Advisors are happy to meet with prospective students considering or planning to attend CSU to discuss interest in a health or veterinary career.
Please call our office at (970) 491-7095 to schedule an appointment. We are happy to talk with you in a phone appointment if you cannot meet with us in person. Additionally, you can email us with any questions you have.
- Jim Zakely – Pre-Medical, Podiatry, Physician Assistant
- Ann Bowen – Pre-Veterinary
- Linda Stoddard – Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, and students who would like to explore several areas of HP
- Shelle McLean – Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Chiropractic, Public Health, Nursing, Allied Health Professions, and students who would like to explore several areas of HP.
We regret that we cannot see students on a walk-in basis, so please call to schedule an appointment well in advance of your visit to campus.
In addition, we encourage students to take campus tours during their visit:
For questions about admissions, transfer credits, financial aid, housing, etc., Health Professions Advisors are not the appropriate resource - so here are links to those areas:
- Transfer Admissions: A transfer student who is interested in veterinary medicine or a human health profession applies to CSU in exactly the same way any other student applies. There is no special admissions process for students interested in becoming "pre-med," "pre-vet," "pre-health," etc. All general questions should be directed to the Admissions Office at (970) 491-6909 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfer Application Guide (from Admissions)
- Connect with a Transfer Advisor (from Admissions)
- Registrar's Office (Transferring Credits and information on course equivalencies)
- Student Financial Services: Financial Aid questions should be directed to the Student Services Office at (970) 491-6321.
- Housing: For student housing questions, call (970) 491-6511 or if you prefer to email, please go to this link on their web site: http://www.housing.colostate.edu.
- Off-Campus Living: http://www.ocssral.colostate.edu/
- Honors Program: For information about the Honors Program call (970) 491-5679 or email email@example.com.
- Orientation: Most transfer students will register for fall courses when they attend one of our Transfer orientation sessions. Information on Ram Orientation will be sent to every student who confirms acceptance of their admission offer from CSU. Selecting the earliest orientation date possible will give students the widest selection of courses. Students who live outside the state of Colorado may register from home and will need to contact their major advisor and arrange a phone appointment ("remote advising") to discuss how the registration process works. We strongly encourage all students to attend an on-campus orientation session.