Your path to a career in a human or animal health profession can be complex.
A Health Professions Advisor can help you prepare for a professional program and set you in the right direction.
Health professions students have two academic advisors available to assist them:
- CSU Major Advisor (Primary Advisor): Guides the student toward successful completion of her/his Bachelor’s Degree at CSU. Prior to declaring a major, students should meet with an Undeclared Advisor. To find out who your CSU Advisor is, log into RamWeb.
- Health Professions Advisor (Secondary Advisor): Assists the student in preparation for a health professional program.
Role of Health Professions Advisors
- Assist students in identifying professional school prerequisites and choosing appropriate CSU courses
- Guide students through the application process of specific professional programs in which the student is interested
- Advise the CSU Pre-Health Profession Clubs
- Suggest volunteer and community service opportunities and provide information from national health profession organizations
- Refer students to on- and off-campus support resources
- If you are interested in Veterinary Medicine and are an enrolled/future CSU student or a high school student, please schedule an appointment with Ann Bowen, our Pre-Vet Advisor, by calling (970) 491-7095.
- If you have a bachelor's degree and are interested in applying to CSU College of Veterinary Medicine, contact (970) 491-7051 or email DVMAdmissions@colostate.edu.
Human Health Professions Advising
- If you are interested in a human health profession, please schedule an appointment to meet with a Health Professions Advisor by calling the CASA office at (970) 491-7095
NOTE: Health Profession advisors do not see students on a walk-in basis; we see students by appointment only. Please contact the Center for Advising and Student Achievement at (970) 491-7095 to set up an appointment.